Thursday 16 September 2010

One Year

Friday, 1 am.

The courtyard looks painfully romantic if that's even possible. I wonder where everyone is. We've been living in the apartment for over two weeks and we've seen only five people. Our damp hiking boots are still by the window, which reminds me what a great time we had last Sunday. Who would've thought we would go on a road trip with a group of Hungarian somewhere in Budapest, hiked for one whole day (and a bit part of night), ate wild blackberries and learned which mushrooms were safe for dinner. It's funny how much I plan and only half materialise while the rest just happen naturally and most of the time, is the better portion.

I didn't plan to have a candle light dinner with my newlywed hubby in Sri Lanka. When I teased my dad for watching too much Monaco F1 Grand Prix, I didn't plan to see the circuit myself in Monaco. I didn't plan to write my blog from the Eiffel Tower in Paris. I didn't plan to meet anyone nice while backpacking all over Italy, definitely not when I was trying to get some sleep in a deserted train station at 3 in the morning. I didn't plan to have a cup of coffee in a beautiful cottage of a Mont Blanc mountaineer. And those are only a few of so many amazing impromptu moments I've had. One more year before another beginning. I still have yet to see the ruins in Greece, the passionate Spain, the wonderful Netherlands and the icebergs in Greenland. So even when life is hectic with decisions to make, just taking a moment to reflect really makes me realise how lucky I am to have variety of options. There is no wrong way, they all lead to the same thing eventually; to grow and become the best as I can possibly be.

No comments:

Post a Comment