Sunday 22 August 2010

Sportsfest


I played boule (or also known as petanque) for the first time in my life last Friday and I had to play against two teams from other companies. It was the annual Sportsfest where a group of companies participate in various games and sports. Too bad I didn't have a camera with me because I didn't know I was going to play until just right before lunch. Thank goodness a friend had a boule set ready in his car so we practised over lunch with another guy who later formed a complete group of three; a gleeful Malaysian (that's me), a sportive Danish and a soft-spoken Canadian. It was fun and I honestly loved the game. There were free drinks and fruits and a lot of muscles, ha-hah! We lost the first game to a really skilled one but I got us 1 point! The second game was in our favour but sadly we didn't get enough points to get to the next round. It was the World Cup system so if you happened to go against two weak teams then good for you. Otherwise, there were free drinks and fruits! The day ended with a nice dinner for all participants. I hurt myself in the first game which was quite silly because boule is generally a game for the posh or the retired and somehow I cut my middle finger really bad. Yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment