Friday 17 December 2010

Post-Semester Brain Cleaning


And so today marks the end of my third semester. I've submitted all six coursework as follows:

1) Advanced ADCP Data Analysis
Well, this was given out in September but it was tricky so it took me months to finish. Boo!

2) Analysis of Groins in a River Reach
Groins, heeeee. Okay, so this one was straightforward so I had fun.

3) Estimation of Sediment Discharge
Missed the lecture the week when my mama and sis came to Budapest so I was really lost. Oh well, it was worth it. Spending time with family or working? No rocket science there.

4) Wind-Induced Flow in a Shallow Lake
My assigned coursework for the final presentation. I did more than needed so more thought provoking questions during the presentation. But like I always said, if you have it easy, then you're not pushing the envelope.

5) Flooding of a Floodplain
The easiest one. Guess who picked the subject? That psychopath. It was obvious that she didn't know what she was talking about. What can you do eh, it's not really my place to say anything.

6) Wave Measurement Analysis and Prediction
Tough one. The last coursework that I put together which was this morning.

I'm feeling many things right now.

I feel relieved that I've completed my work and I have a place for my professional practice this March while most of my coursemates are still struggling. Alhamdulillah.

I feel bad because I've just realised that Rafiee could've joined me in this program with a reduced fee. Stupid stupid stupid Izni for not realising the loophole sooner! But there's always a reason for everything and maybe we can't see it now, but God knows better.

I feel confused because we have a number of plans after this program and a lot of work for each of them but I don't want to be inclined towards a particular direction because if that doesn't work out then I may get disappointed. But actually, isn't that what life is about? Learning and growing? I should worry less.

I feel bitter about the psychopath. I don't know where to begin but perhaps I should let it go because I won't be seeing her again for a while. Besides, I learned that there are always people like this. It's just whether you can see them and what you're going to do about it. It's not like me to ignore such thing but if my humble experience is anything to go by, losing a battle doesn't mean losing the war.

Alright, I have to go for my online group meeting now. We have to be in Nice for two weeks in February and get together to finalise the whole project. 10 teams, 105 participants coming from different corners of the world, one project.

Let's hope no more evil force, please please pleaseeee.

No comments:

Post a Comment