Saturday 4 December 2010

Ting! A Reminder

"People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost." - Dalai Lama

A friend who goes by the name of Zue posted this on Facebook a few days ago and it was so timely. I was feeling selfishly frustrated over some of my friends' fascination in travelling just so they could go shopping! I was like, "You've saved that much to go to a really interesting country just to spend that money in buying shoes because they're cheaper there?! And your only regret is that you didn't buy a year's worth of clothes?!". I felt like banging my head to the wall because it seemed to me the dumbest thing ever. Well, after war. Hubs, my better half, asked me one question that immediately snapped me back to reality; "Well don't you think they might think the same about your fascination with history and nature?". And I realised how ignorant I was for thinking that way. People find bliss in different things and just because they don't share the same sentiment as another does, that doesn't mean one is better than the other. Of course, it doesn't work that way in politics. But in real life, it wouldn't be as fun if everyone was alike. So this is not preaching, it's simply a note to self.

2 comments:

  1. happiness is subjective.

    yeay,ade name zue.hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. heheh, best baca quotes zue post. good reminder.

    and trueeee, happiness is subjective. selalu tau tu tapi tak praktikkan mentally. selalu rasa pelik ibu2 muda yg jadik housewife before hidup diorang sendiri start, things like that. kena remind diri sendiri that if it makes them happy, who am i to judge. asalkan tak susahkan orang lain sudah. good lesson :)

    ReplyDelete