Sunday 17 April 2011

Persist & Persevere

I had a rough week. The Ministry would take five months to process the appeal and Rafiee still has to leave the Schengen area by 10 May so they didn't recommend us to proceed. Funny how that works. The spouses have to apply for a residence permit to stay here for more than three months but they won't be able to get it if you're staying for less than 18 months. Then what's the point of paying €450 in the first place for the application? Even those getting married to a local will have to go through a stringent, ridiculous procedure like sitting for an exam of Danish history and royal family. I thought the UK was tough, obviously I couldn't be more wrong. Our landlady suggested us to talk to this Danish press she knows but I don't think it's a good idea at the moment.

So what we could do was to weight a few options we have left and I found this information yesterday:

The visa 90/180 days rule is "reset" upon a change in status, i.e. when switching from a long-term visa (for example students) to a regular visitors visa or to a visa-exempt status. The visa 90/180 days rule starts to count upon switching to the new status.

So technically Rafiee can use up his 90 days as a Hungarian resident and start a new 90-day stay as a visa-exempt Malaysian visitor. Hopefully this one works. I know there are worse things like losing your loved ones to slow, painful death but I'm not giving up in any case. When there's a will, there's always a way.

Like Albert Einstein once said, "It’s not that I’m so smart, it’s just that I stay with problems longer." I'm with you Albie!

No comments:

Post a Comment