Saturday 9 April 2011

Waiting for the Silver Lining

Things have been very intense lately. I've been feeling guilty that we had to spend €900 for the Danish residence & work permits just to have Rafiee's application denied since I chose Denmark for my final semester. We neved had any problems before with France, the UK and Hungary so it caught us off guard. The European Commission is taking too long so we will have to file an appeal to the Ministry of Refugee, Immigration and Integration Affairs and hope that whoever handles our application this time has a heart.

Maybe this is why I miss home so much lately. Yes, home is where you heart is but right now my heart is in Malaysia, 10,000km away. Things are so simple and comfortable there. Just now we were going to this Irish folk dance & music in a country house that was open to everyone but everyone didn't look like us. It was silly to feel like we stuck out like a sore thumb when people were just so nice but I guess when things get rough, you start scrutinising every single flaw and stop focusing on the good parts. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment