Sunday 18 April 2010

Dead End,Almost!

As some of you might have already known from my Facebook, hubby and I got stranded just a few hours before our last destination - Dublin, Ireland. And I thought our little Italy adventure was tough. Hmph. It turned everyone topsy-turvy in the airport with all kinds of curses and cries in different languages flying around. Very soon the remaining and subsequent flights were completely (re)booked until next Friday (but I don't think they're going to see the sky anytime soon based on the current news), ferries were getting full, trains were sold out until Tuesday and we were seriously thinking of renting a car and driving all the way from south of France to north of England (more than 1,000km!) which would be a really fun road trip if it wasn't for my upcoming exam on Wednesday.



Safe to say, we're not going to travel outside England until June. I'll write more after the exam, the reason why we struggled to make it home just to get an e-mail from the university saying that they will have another time set for those who couldn't make it back to England. Anyhow, we're just glad to be home.

No comments:

Post a Comment