Sunday 6 June 2010

I'm a Free Man!

I can taste the liberty in my hands. The same furious hands that were tapping and clicking on the poor laptop. I can see in my eyes the lovely day ahead with birds chirping and roses blooming, welcoming the same tired eyes that were staring at the radioactive screen for hours non-stop. I am now free as a bird!


Well, for the semester at least. Even birds, sadly, get wounded and fall to the ground.

You’ve got to understand this. The final coursework was really tough to crack and I needed the 35% mark because the written examination was something like a nightmare. You wake up in the middle of the night, sweating and heart pounding uncontrollably, knowing you’ve had a terrible dream but somehow you don't remember exactly what it was. No kidding! And rumour has it that 80% of the previous batch flunked the subject and even after the re-sit, some still failed. I told you I wasn’t kidding about the nightmare. But alas, I finished it! And I did it with colours splashing on every page hoping that the professor would be in a state of blissful grading for my coursework which consequently would lead to a really good score. Strategy my friend, strategy.

So now that everything is done, reality hits home. I have to get ready for this time next week, I’ll be landing at the Copenhagen airport. There will be new people, a new environment, a new home and my first job abroad. I have to admit, I hate to leave. A little afraid as well. I’m feeling comfortable here but then, I was also in my comfort zone in the Mediterranean Nice last January before nervously leaving for the industrial city of Newcastle. Change is the only constant in life indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment