Monday 11 October 2010

Four Days of Weekend

I have long weekends but they never seem enough! Let's see...on Friday, I studied GRE in the vintage library and next thing I knew, it was already late. Simply put, you don't know GRE until you actually have to take it. Saturday was the homework day but I had to go to bed early because I was leaving for Vienna at 7am with hubby and two good friends.

The thing is, Rafiee and I have developed an obsession for Sudoku. That's how we decide who's making dinner or who's doing dishes, etc. I know it's not exactly the most matured thing married couples do but we have fun and that's what really counts, isn't it? Some couples love shopping or partying, we love playing Sudoku and making silly bets. And outdoorsy types! I can't really put into words how good it feels to go hiking with your best friend and comparing scratches and bruises, or go backpacking and discussing about all the weirdos we meet along the way! It's just the best feeling in the world.

Photo by Gabrielle

Anyway, back to Sunday. We got up late because of the Sudoku game (we both think we're unbeatable) so when the Metro stopped at the station five minutes before the bus departure, we started running like in The Amazing Race and guess what we saw? Four other people were running too including one of our friends! So all of us were all laughing and sprinting and saying hi without stopping for a breath and we made it! What a way to start the day. Vienna was beautiful with a lot of white, grandiose structures. There were many horse carriages and Mozart wannabes so it was really romantic. All four of us had an early dinner at an Italian restaurant just because the Austrian cuisine that we found was a bit too bizarre.

Photo by Gabrielle

Monday wasn't a relaxed day for us as well. We were out and about the whole day after only five hours of sleep, running errands at the bank, Immigration, Malaysian Embassy, university, etc. That happens every time we move to a new place so it's kind of fun especially when you get to see immigrants of different sorts. 

Ooooh, I can't wait for my mama and sister to get here this Friday. I miss them! We'll be exploring Budapest including the countryside and Prague of Czech Republic and I particularly would love to get photos of both cities at night. They're simply breathtaking.

So honestly, I need longer weekends.

2 comments:

  1. Vienna is pretty. I was there during new years and the whole old town turned into a waltz dance floor. cute to see old couples in love. =) hope u have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you! i did have fun and true, vienna is really beautiful. too bad no waltz dance when i was there.

    ReplyDelete