Saturday 30 October 2010

Up and Around

Well here I am, fully recovered from a major homesickness. Time does heal. When my baby sister got home, she cried in the middle of the night for two days and only able to sleep after talking to me. She's alright now and so I'm alright too.

Apart from a school boy who showed me the finger because I refused to give my packet of Lays in a small artist village (what do they teach these children in school these days???), the one-week vacation was impeccable. The night view of both Prague and Budapest was breathtaking. We discovered that there were a lot of Malaysians in Czech Republic and apparently one Malaysian student even provided a silat course. Interesting. Mama prepared a delicious selection of Malaysian cuisine day and night so both Rafiee and I were spoilt. No wonder many are obese in our home country.

And so Rafiee and I decided to start eating healthier by substituting unhealthy ingredients (low-fat milk or yogurt to replace coconut milk, etc.), less carbs (salads for dinner, etc.) and basically more veggies and fruits. So far so good but it has only been a week so let's not get excited yet!

It has been hectic since last week. We're going off on an extravagant trip outside the continent very soon so I have to get a lot of things done before that. I'm still not sure if it's wise...the amount of money we're spending on this trip is equivalent to going to three non-neighbouring European cities.

Fact of the week:
Keep your fingers crossed- To cross one's fingers is a hand gesture used to superstitiously wish for good luck or to nullify a promise. Some believe that the gesture originates from pre-Christian times, due to the fact that in early European cultures, two people were required to use their index fingers to form the sign, one to make a wish and the other to support it.

2 comments: