Saturday 2 October 2010

Patience is My New Best Friend

I've been really busy lately, both mentally and physically. There are a thousand more things on my mind that I sometimes have to jot down all the thoughts on paper just so I can stay focused during class and come back to whatever I need to think about later. One glaring emotional thought that I can't seem to shake off is my growing hatred (and hubby's too) for this couple back home who seem to be sooooo urgh....resentful? Envious? Selfish? Grossly obese by choice? I'm so close to saying this and more to their face but out of diplomacy, I can only hope they read this but they are probably too absorbed with their I'm-the-best crap. I'll be a good girl and patient but I'm going to draw a new line and if they cross it, I hope I'm still sane enough to deal with it as an intelligent adult instead of what I actually have in mind.

On a lighter note, I've just got my membership card from the fourth library in 12 months. Though the English collections are not as updated as I had hoped, they will be enough for my five-month stay here in Hungary. Oh but how I love the library, it's massive! The library is 106 years old in a majestic building with an elegant decor. There are eight floors (I haven't explored all, the ground floor already took me two hours) with museums, a cosy cafe and they even have an usher in a complete suit! 

2 comments:

  1. i wish i could but too much at stake ;) maybe someday, when the blog is private.

    ReplyDelete