Monday 8 November 2010

I Wish

Alright, I'm officially done with GRE after months of revision here and there. It was tough and my score is good enough but I wish I did better. Never mind, let's move on.

So last week the whole class went on a field trip to a place called Baja, situated in the south of Hungary. We were there to experiment some river measurements. I won't bore you with details but this is why I study water engineering. I love working with nature (and sometimes people) and I want to be able to show a photo like this...


...and say "This is my office". The best part was to ride a speedboat into a forest where we were introduced to a very unique forestman and his family.


We had some local cuisine which was extremely good and interesting (he can catch fish by using his bare hands!). I especially loved the homemade cherry & cranberry syrup. Later in the pitch black, we were driven back on the same speedboat to the mainland by one of the forestman's children who didn't look a day over five years old! Of course, not before I had to pee outside the house in the dark at the risk of encountering some nasty forest animals. The fact that we saw two snakes by a river a few hours before did not help me at all. It was the longest 30 seconds and I even had to wear a head torch light with a friend waiting for me nearby. At any rate, it was a really good day and I don't mind repeating it again.

It's Monday today. We're leaving for Egypt this Thursday. I can't wait to see the pyramids and sphinxes! So far I've only read about them and a few months ago I saw a very amazing documentary on an architect's obsession with the pyramids' design. He discovered a theory on how they were built without even going to Egypt and when he finally did visit Egypt, he tested his theory with the help of some other people and they found a secret tunnel! I don't plan to excavate any tunnel in Egypt but I'm so excited that I get to see the majestic structures standing right in front of me and that I can actually touch them.

I wish someday soon I'll get the perfect job that enables me to travel around the world and in that way, I'll never actually work a day in my life.

2 comments:

  1. I stumbled upon your blog from ambp. You use the same template as mine too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yes, we do! well, it is a pretty template :)

    ReplyDelete