Sunday 17 July 2011

Hey There Love

I woke up from my afternoon nap yesterday to Rafiee watching a movie while playing with my toes, the same toes he claims abnormal because of their various shapes. Gosh I love that guy.

They say to truly know a person, you have to live and travel together. I should truly know him after moving in and out of 6 homes and backpacking to 20 countries. Friends find it baffling that we can stay home for days but one thing that I can't seem to explain enough is that we simply enjoy each other so much we can actually live in a box for a long time without getting bored. 

Like yesterday evening when we played badminton and our version of football to decide who would clean the dishes and do the laundry (which by the way, I won all of them fair and square), I had to climb onto his shoulders to get the shuttlecock from the rooftop. He then pretended to be a camel and with me clinging to his sweaty head, he ran and skipped around the lawn... twice!

Having only each other to rely on through sickness and in health for two years and waking up to see the same face without fail every single morning, it feels comforting that we can still talk and laugh endlessly like when we first got married. And probably more. Some nights we stay up just talking and some mornings he annoys me by purposely letting the sun in when I'm still sleeping. Granted, it may already be 8 in the morning but a girl needs her beauty sleep! 

What I like about our relationship is how we are so many things to each other. The two and a half years of marriage with the additional four years of dating only confirm how we complete each other.


I thank God for letting me have him in my life and even as our European honeymoon may be coming to an end, God willing we'll have so many other honeymoons together!

No comments:

Post a Comment