Wednesday 13 July 2011

Political Affairs

I used to be one of those ignorant people who think that they have nothing to do with politics. Then a Chinese friend of mine made me think when he said "Why do I care about the politics? This is my country. If our people don't bother then who else will?" He made me think hard and now I'm less oblivious.

To be honest, I wasn't clear what Bersih (Clean) 2.0 was about until on the historic day itself and it was only because I asked my Ayah while we chatted on Skype. I didn't even take a minute to read the news. I dismissed all political headlines. Facebook since then has become a virtual battlefield. First, a man died during the rally and the policemen just watched the unfortunate event unfolded. Now, the whole thing is said to be a conspiracy and that the so-called deceased is still alive. Who knows what new stories will emerge tomorrow. So whose side I'm on?


None and both, it's back to the classic lesser of two evils law. While I believe that not all of them mean any harm, there are still enough folks who manage to get their hidden agenda intertwined. So let's try not to be foolish and fight for a side on extreme level before considering and verifying all the facts, shall we?

No comments:

Post a Comment