Saturday 2 July 2011

Esctasy

I had a productive week so all is well again.

Work and thesis are progressing smoothly.

One proposal is done, another one can wait.

Book is almost done, well the first draft anyway. A lot of work still has to be put into it before I can actually show it to someone.

Healthy eating all week except for the BBQ (think I consumed a little charcoal, don't ask!), a bag of crisps, a vanilla pudding with chocolate sauce and raspberries (freshly picked from the garden, yummy!) with wait for it... cream. Nobody's perfect.


Supposed to go running every other day but always too lazy / hungry at the end of the day. I still can't enjoy Danish lunch, no matter how good it is to the locals. Inevitably with the decreasing metabolism, I gained weight. It's now 47 kg but as long as my BMI is in the healthy range, I won't bother too much.

Hmm, what else? Oh, I've started eating tomatoes! I'm proud of myself, I hated the red, sour fruit / vegetable. I still do, but it's undoubtedly the healthiest kind so I keep thinking about the nutrients while I literally shove it down my throat.

And I'm switching to organic products! They're freaking expensive everywhere so I'm trying at least paraben-free for personal care. The organic obsession came after reading numerous articles about the long-term negative effects of chemicals. Better late than never eh.

The weekend so far has been wonderful. It's raining and gloomy even though it's the middle of summer but I really don't mind, it's my favourite weather here. I guess because it doesn't make me feel guilty for staying home. I just got a message from our friend asking if we're going to be in Copenhagen today because it's the much awaited Jazz Festival so at least I can blame the rain for my idleness. I stayed up late last night so even though there was no sound of the neighbour's cat (too cold for the little guy), I could still hear the trains so it may be only Saturday but I'm already revitalised.

11.45 am. Should start preparing hubby's favourite Pakistani chicken biryani. Then more TV / movies / books and perhaps a nap later. Lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment