Thursday 22 September 2011

First Post in Malaysia

So here I am at last, home sweet home. I've got a new, sleek laptop in red, now I just need to find the time to continue writing. Life has been pretty hectic with catching up; the family, the food, the apartment and the job(s). I'm not complaining, it has been wonderful having something else to take care of apart from the visa / residence permit registration or various maps of new places / public transports. It's also refreshing not having people stare at you all the time because you look different. The final night in Europe was spent in a rundown Turkish hotel (will write about it later because that deserves one whole entry on its own) so I was actually excited to leave. At the moment, a week after, I have started looking around me with a fresh set of eyes... like a tourist. The limestone hill of Batu Caves of which had no effect on me as I drove by to get to my in-law's is now an amazing sight; I mean seriously, lush green hills in the middle of a busy city??? Wow! 

I guess I've become more appreciative and I also have a higher tolerance for people's differences. It still feels weird. On the one hand, I feel like I haven't really left the country. On the other hand, I know I've changed. I'll just go with the flow because if I had to figure it out in one day, I would've gone out of my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment