Friday 7 October 2011

Settling In

My goodness, I've just realised I haven't updated my dear blog in two weeks! Life is still pretty hectic over here but I think I can safely say both hubs and I have finally settled in.

Rafiee has got a really good job offer as a highway & transportation engineer. It's exactly what he wants to do and he's not starting from the bottom as he originally thought, having been M.I.A. from the industry for two years, so things always happen for a reason and for the best. The only thing is the office is a bit far so he probably won't get home as early as we both like. He also got his new car yesterday, a total upgrade from his last ride so he's ecstatic. He deserves all good things coming his way for being a truly supportive and patient husband.

As for yours truly, I have recently accepted a new challenge. I'll be doing maritime design in a Dutch company which has little to do with what I studied the last couple of years. I'm also the only Malay, the only female engineer and the only one below 40. It's one of the reasons I took the offer. It's a huge responsibility and I have to be on my toes all the time. The location is way better, being only 15 mins from our apartment.

Speaking of which, we bought so many things to revamp the apartment and I have to admit it's looking pretty fancy. We're hosting a little luncheon for our families next weekend so that would be fun. I'll definitely take some photos but until then, here are some from my little pot-luck lunch with two of my childhood friends, sadly missing the other two but there will be a next time!





No comments:

Post a Comment