Monday 7 November 2011

Againts the Clock

I forgot how time-consuming things are when you have a full-time job, two families, friends and hobbies. I started my Friday with a to-do list for the weekend, feeling like I had a lot of time to get them done and more and suddenly it's already Monday evening! A small part of me misses the time Rafiee and I spent in Europe; our daily concern was which TV series / movies to watch that day. But a bigger part of me is loving this, it feels like I'm leading a fulfilling life. 

Everything is going well but my book editing is a little behind... alright, like four pages behind so I'll have to work harder. The weekends are full with wedding invitations and appointments that it's not that easy to keep up.

In addition, Rafiee and I have four instant new family members to care for.


They sort of adopted us. One morning I woke up to see the mother with her two-week-old kittens at the door as if she was asking our help so hubs and I found a big box to house the little family outside our door. Later that evening we came home and saw the uncle already moved in so there you go. We couldn't just throw them away so now we've become their providers. I will have to make an appointment with the vet to spay and neuter this family. I believe in this country at least, it's the best measure to tackle the overpopulation of strays.

I probably should've written about the birthday celebration of my baby sister, the first week at a new job, the first Eid al-Adha in Malaysia as husband & wife and the couple badminton match againts my parents, but alas, time is running short and I can't function with less than 7-8 hours of sleep. Perhaps this week my time management will get better and I'll have more time to put my pen to paper, or in this case, fingers on keyboard.

2 comments:

  1. Dah geng dgn neighbour ke bela kucing sama2?
    Pls update your blog every week ;p

    -ayu

    ReplyDelete
  2. ayuuuuuuuuuuu~ ha'ah, dah jadi co-parents pulak dengan neighbour sebelah tapi now dah hilang semalam lepas new neighbour pindah. rasa macam diorang buang kucing2 tu sebab tak suka bau kot :( rasa macam nak ketuk je pintu tanya.

    sibuk betul la bila dah start kerja tapi nak jugak cuba update every week! itu azam baru ;p

    ReplyDelete