Saturday 29 October 2011

Mother

To be honest, I'm not rushing to become a mother especially when I see a tired new mom (and the fact that I don't really like children doesn't help either). Well, actually all new moms are tired and look like they can use a vacation. It's a huge responsibility and once you have the little bundle of joy, your priorities inevitably shift. Hubs feels the same way too so we're always on the same page. Although I still think it's best for a new couple to spend time together before having a baby, today my maternal instinct kicked in when I held my best friend's newborn. Perhaps it was because he was so small in my arms and when our eyes met, I just felt protective over the little guy. And so even though I'm still not in a rush and I still feel it's a massive and exhausting responsibility, I don't mind having a baby bump as soon as next year. At the end of the day, that baby is worth every sweat and tear. 

Well, at least until the angry teen phase.

No comments:

Post a Comment