Friday 8 January 2010

Before Calling It a Night

I finished checking my to-do list earlier than usual tonight and with my half full (rhetorically speaking so not half empty!) cup of tea, I thought of writing a bit before going to bed. It's Friday night and though it's raining, I can clearly hear the pub-goers chatting and laughing the night away. It's probably one of the Irish bars in the corner, they're always loud. How they can enjoy drinking outside for hours in the freezing winter is beyond me, but I suppose it's the ice-cream theory; ice-creams taste better in the cold. Well, I like my ice-creams melted so that theory doesn't apply for me.

So it just hit my idle brain that Malaysia is a Commonwealth country so we don't need a visa to stay in UK for up to six months. One hindrance down, still a few more to deal with.

Had a chit chat with the neighbours who practically pleaded for us not to pick up the Newcastle accent aka Geordie. It's a dialect with a large amount of vocabularies and pronunciations that are not being used in other parts of UK. Apparently a lot of people, even the Brits themselves, find it very un-English. Heard the people can be really harsh too. Interesting. We are bound to have preconceptions before coming to a foreign land but over the past few months I've been proved wrong quite often so life is indeed full of surprises. Like it or not, change is the only constant in life eh.

Alright, it's bedtime. Have a good weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment