Saturday 16 January 2010

A Slightly Embarrassing Truth

Look what I've discovered in the stack of my unpublished blog drafts! Well okay, it was never a draft. I actually published it for a few minutes back in 2006 and told these people to read it because I'm not really good with words in real life. They never seem to come out right. Hmm... Anyway, I got self-conscious 30 seconds after texting them and thought "Dang, what have I just done?!" and took it off before they even got a glimpse. But now I think it's worth the blushing and whatever is left of my ego. Ha-hah! So here you go but don't mention it to my face or I would try to to bury my head in the ground like the ostrich (just watched the documentary so a little inspired there).

Note that this was written in 2006 (I was *finger counting* a naive 21-year-old) so it might sound a little corny or even peculiar but try to ignore it and read between the lines. I wasn't really close to my university mates at this time so I'll write about you guys later yea!

Amal: Your mother was my teacher, we were practically neighbours and we took the same bus to school so it was a perfect beginning of a genuine friendship. I remember how we used to talk like we were some sort of CEO in a giant company and Ayu, Mus and Mami were our janitors. You can make jokes with a straight face. Oh, the eighth wonder. Ad: She's now a teacher herself and her students absolutely adore her.

 Ayu: First time I knew you six years ago, I refused to call you 'Ayu' as that wasn't your real name. It wasn't until I found out it had been your nickname since you were small that we started to get along. We grew closer as years went by that there was a time both our fixed lines were cut off by our parents as we were on the phone every other night for hours. But staying true to the value of Romeo & Juliet, it didn't stop us and you're still a source of my laughter. Ad: Experimenting with life, she's still the same free-spirited girl I knew.

 Mus: A big sister who seems to put everyone else above her. You never really let people know how you feel and you always want to make others happy. I always wonder if you really are as happy as your smiles. I remember clearly the day we were involved in a nasty accident. I was riding pillion on your motorcycle and a car hit us from the side. We weren't even wearing helmets! You were injured worse than I was, but you still carried me and washed my bleeding first. You're so kind and at the same time, the epitome of enigma. Ad: An accountant and is soon to be engaged. And I never get on a bike ever since.

 Mami: Seven years ago, you called me 'Adik' and I called you 'Kakak'. A year later, you started calling me 'Beruk' and I called you 'Monyet'. I like to think it was at the very moment of this special gesture that we actually became best friends. You're always there for me... when I cry, when I scream, when I laugh, when I fall in love. I can just talk to you and everything will start falling into place. You've been there through all phases in my life and I hope you will always be. You're graduating next year and I'd lose a constant companion in UPM. You're like another big sister I never had. Ad: A businesswoman with her own tuition centre and branching out. Also one of my maids of honour.

 Michie: The best thing ever happened to me in SAMURA. You were like a mother to a misunderstood rebel (that would be yours truly, of course). I'd wake up very late for the Sunday inspection and you'd organize my locker, make my bed, pick up all the pillows and stuffed toys which had been kicked away when I was fighting monsters in my dreams and more. When I was in the sick bay with an awful illness, you'd come by during recess with a 50 cent Gardenia bread and my favourite chocolate milk without being asked and stay with me the whole period. It never cease to amaze me of how you'd believe me in a heartbeat even if the whole world didn't. Even now, you're still looking out for me. If there was a guardian angel in my life, that would be you. Ad: The funniest and kindest pharmacist you'll ever meet, period.

 Meg: My curly zany baby. You appear to be childish but you actually know more than what you let people think. You have a big mind and a bigger heart. You remind me of the sunshine- beautiful, uplifting and bright. You're more grown-up than I am, regardless the impromptu jokes which I must say my darling, beyond anyone's comprehension. We went through a lot in that particular semester but it's proven how solid our friendship has always been. A loyal friend like you is one in a million. Shuk and you make the funniest and cutest couple I've ever known, it's always entertaining to see you two together. Ad: They're getting married this March.

 Tsya: We didn't like each other at first but were forced to stick together since our remaining school friends left to further their studies overseas. Little did I know that you'd become my faithful partner-in-crime and I'm sorry I didn't support you more when you went for the interview to go abroad. I hated the thought of being without you. I liked pau-ing your Vochelle almond chocs and when you made peanut butter toasts for me, I miss that! Remember the bastard (pardon my French) who I chased all the way to the boys block when I discovered he broke your heart? I swear if I were Jean-Claude Van Damme, I'd have punched his lights out! I love you and Meg. It's good to see you with Matju, he makes you happy and I can totally see you two grow old together all sweet and nice. Ad: Finishing her master in electrical engineering and is likely to go to Japan with her future husband & PhD student, Matju.

Rafiee: Rafiee, Rafiee, Rafiee... You're unbelievable. My closest dear friend and big brother. I can't even begin how much you mean to me. I said hello for the first time by kicking your feet in Maulana because I was too nervous. I almost lost our Dick & Jane movie tickets 5 minutes before it started (I can understand why you still insist on holding the tickets yourself everytime we go to the movie) and I spilled Coke all over you 3 minutes later. So much for making an impression on the the first date eh. And you always gently wipe my face when it's smeared especially during mealtimes. By now, you know me so well that if there was anyone who I could share the ups and downs with, I'm glad it's you especially that you're one fun & honest lad. I'm so lucky that in spite of everything good and bad, you still think you're the luckiest guy for having me. Ad: A little wrinkly and 10kg heavier. Okay, kidding! A highway engineer who's taking a couple of gap years in Europe to be with his wife who's doing a Master degree in water engineering. A great friend and a wonderful husband. Obviously he still doesn't trust me with any tickets.
 
See, now you know why I didn't let you read it four years ago. *digging head in the ground*

3 comments:

  1. you make me wanna cry.. you're very good at writing. your words are so lovely. you're talented. you're natural. you're a smart student. you're my best friend. thanx so much for everything. hurmmmm (>_<)

    ReplyDelete
  2. izni, this is an addendum.

    did he ever tell you he was consulting me ALMOST EVERY DAY what HE SHOULD DO WITH YOU? you know, it was fun with ejai (who surprisingly is jumping into the bandwagon of married men) and he kept on contemplating and we smacked him hard on his head when he asked back the frickin same question all over again.

    and he was so over the moon with your cake that you baked. oohh i had a little taste. luckily he spared some for me kan? it was moist and chocolaty and delicious and absofuckinglutely great!

    wondering he put the extra stones in his belly? wonder not. hehe

    goodluck riding the bumpy road as a wife. run the potholes sometime. it is fun! hell yeah!

    awww missing your husband already. haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. tisya: thanks my sayang *gediks sedikit* ...terharu with your kind words. you inspire me,muah!

    epoy: yes he did,but only after dah bertahun. ntah la nape dia tingtong sangat dulu (hence the title of my blog). i even cakap kat dia "takyah la serious sangat,bukan ajak kawin pon"...oh well,dia kena tricked ;p and yes,brownies are my specialty. ahem! thank youuuu and si husband juga kadang2 merindui his epoy. ihiks!

    ReplyDelete