Wednesday 6 January 2010

Tangled Up in Red Tape

I have a flight ticket to England in less than three weeks and I still don't have a visa. Yesterday after 100 euro, one missed class and three hours of train ride later, I was told that I had a wrong photo (the size was too big), wrong envelopes (I bought the 10 euro envelopes instead of the required 50 euro ones) and the nastiest bomb was thaaaat (drum roll please) the duration of my Schengen visa needs to be extended before I can come to Marseille (again) to apply for the UK visa. God knows how to do that or even if it's possible and how long it takes. There was a sarcastic pair of Australian father and son looking worn-out whose visa had been rejected twice with no obvious reason so that definitely doesn't help.



There are ways. One of them is to go on a short-term stay with a flight ticket back to Malaysia in the summer. That's not a bad idea at all. Or I can just escape to non-Schengen countries like Morocco and move around until the third semester in September. Aah, we'll see.


No comments:

Post a Comment