Sunday 4 July 2010

Food Talk

I only had one ice-cream this week, that was progress. But I had a barbecue (since all chickens here are halal!), cheesy nachos with guacamole salsa and a moist carrot cake with cream cheese topping. I'm hopeless, sigh.

Despite my calorific fascination, I actually eat less here because Danish cuisine is extremely bizarre like raw herring marinated in vinegar and curry cream. And that's just the tip of the iceberg, trust me. I suppose that to me is like durian to them. Nasty! I love their pastry though. And rhubarb! I'm getting them fresh from the forest.


I absolutely adore their elderflower juice and the cordial is so easy to make. You just have to pick a basket of elderflowers, can be found literally everywhere including by the roadside but getting them from the garden or forest gives it a distinct flavour. Then these flowers are boiled with water, sugar and lemon. Leave it to cool and store it in the fridge for five days and voila, it's ready!


I was going to continue with the pastry but this food talk doesn't really help with my so-called health regimen, does it?

No comments:

Post a Comment