Sunday 20 February 2011

The Glass is Half Full

I'm so tired but good tired. I've been out from 8am until 8pm everyday last week and the same ordeal  is expected for next week. I remember seeing some old people in Budapest at 5 in the morning going to work even though they looked like they should be resting at home enjoying the sunrise in their backyard so it's pretty childish for me to whine.

I feel really good lately. I sleep for eight hours everyday and six on weekends. I have green tea to perk me up whenever I feel sluggish and it works all the time. I've set my goal to write and finish a book within a year. I have a number of potential business ideas that I'm hoping to work on afterwards. And I know how to navigate myself better now, physically, emotionally and spiritually. I feel enlightened. I used to have so many excuses before. I am my own worst enemy and I would criticize myself too harsly at times but I think we all do that and it's just unhealthy. We think we're doing ourselves a favour by comparing the choices we make with those of others when what we're really doing is imposing limits on ourselves.

Oh, I was interviewed by a French TV yesterday during a field trip. It was in French and I started in French but when they started to ask really open-ended questions, I just had to switch to English. I had to refrain myself from laughing because I was always mixing both languages and I couldn't focus on giving appropriate, honest answers. They always came out generic. There goes my travel host dream job, hahah!

Monday's on its way. I can be grumpy or I can mentally prepare myself to make it a good start for the week. Either way, tomorrow still comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment