Sunday 20 March 2011

Trouble in Paradise

Waking up to a snowy morning like this is surprisingly energising. I guess having eight hours of deep slumber after a good movie (like 127 hours!) sort of help too.


Two weeks into my professional practice; I’ve finished drafting my Inception Report and started on the Master thesis itself. Right now I just keep working on them based on my supervisors' feedbacks while at the same time implementing the modelling and what I would call investigation instead of results assessment just because it sounds cooler.

Hubby’s residence permit has been denied which means he can’t work here and worse, he has to leave the Schengen area by 10 May. It’s either Malaysia (I hope not… we’ve come this far together, I hate to finish this alone) or Hungary (living apart for three months suck but at least I can see him immediately after the internship which I hope to end as soon as possible if that’s the case). I broke into tears at the Immigration when the lady told us the news. We paid £450 to be separated, how dumb was that? But well, things happen and you can't control everything. At the end of the day, what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger.

Right. Everything else is fine. Even the weather doesn’t bother me when I have to brace myself for the long, chilly walk to the bus stop every morning. I learn to appreciate this experience even more because this is my last semester after all. It still doesn’t hit me hard but I know soon it will.

Like everything else, it has to end.

2 comments:

  1. I pray u be strong for all this...

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you min, i need that :) trying to stay as positive as i possibly can while waiting for the outcome. tak mau give up.

    ReplyDelete