Sunday 26 June 2011

Poof, Vanished!

This weekend feels like a dream. Well, maybe not a dream per se because dreams are supposed to be beautiful even when it's unreal and lasts for what seems like 15 minutes. At the risk of sounding unappreciative, my weekend has been almost non-existent. 

First, I kept falling asleep by 10pm so I missed my favourite time of night when it's completely silent that I can hear the sound of trains in the distance and occasionally the footsteps of the neighbour's cat on the roof. I always look forward to it at the end of every week.

Second, I put off (again) my proposal and book writing. I can't do it. I can't work on weekends, it just doesn't feel right. So looks like I'll be paying for the deflection next week which is a thought enough to bring a bluer shade to the ill-fated Monday blues.

Third and fourth reasons involve a delayed garden BBQ and stomach cramps but what's the point of complaining what's done and gone?

On a lighter note, I finished Robin Sharma's The Monk who Sold his Ferrari which is not really new but his fable is classic. Ironically and funny even, it's a motivation book. 

Here's hoping a more productive week ahead and I hope you readers had a better weekend than I did. I'm leaving you with this inspiring video of Kevin Richardson, an animal behaviourist also dubbed as the lion whisperer. His work is amazing. Also, take a look at Simon King's documentary of two cheetah orphans. Simply phenomenal.

No comments:

Post a Comment