Saturday 13 August 2011

Alone in the Village of Sleeping Beauties

It's 1.30 in the morning and I'm still wide awake even though I only had four continuous hours of sleep the previous night. The days are long and so it means I'm fasting from about 3 am until 9 pm. Now I'm waiting for the morning prayer before going to bed like what I did last night. My intention was to sleep until noon but I could no longer sleep after 7.30. It's the sun. It doesn't matter that the curtains are double-layered and shut tight, I can still sense the sunlight. Hubs thinks I'm secretly a vampire. Maybe that's true. Maybe it's just a myth that vampires burn in the sun or according to Twilight, glow. Maybe we're simply a little allergic to the bright, warm light.

And it baffles me how I still don't get even a bit tired. I feel like I can stay awake for the whole week. Then again, it may be due to the really sweet muesli I just had. Sugar does make people go hyper, doesn't it? I worked really hard today since morning so I should be exhausted a few hours ago. The thesis submission is due on Monday (yes, this Monday) and my academic supervisor has just given me his feedback on my draft that I sent over a month ago last Friday! To top it off, he's a very detailed person so he had thorough comments on almost every single page of my thesis. I also lost the rock-paper-scissors game to Rafiee so I had to do the laundry, sigh. But I suppose I could've corrected the draft sooner nonetheless if I hadn't been so caught up with the Q Cious Spa website. I'm helping with the webpage and I'm quite proud of it if I may say so myself. Have a look here!

Also, I've just finished watching another brilliant movie called The Whistleblower based on the true story of Kathryn Bolkovac about her courage in trying to expose the involvement of some United Nations peacekeepers in human trafficking in Bosnia. She was threatened by the big guns in the organisation and was even fired, but that didn't stop her. The revelation is no doubt very appalling but like I said, ignoring the truth doesn't make it go away.

Alright, one hour to go. What else can I do, hmm... 

No comments:

Post a Comment