Thursday 18 August 2011

Farvel Danmark!

And that means, Goodbye Denmark. I don't know when I'll be next time I talk to you blog but I suspect still a bit far from sweet home Malaysia. Not too long though this time, not too long...

Who would've thought the six months of joy amidst trouble have quickly metamorphosed into distant memories. Sure, sure... we always knew the day would come. The day when you have to bid farewell to all the things you're familiar with and start anew just to gradually move closer to another goodbye. As usual, you instinctively think that you're not prepared for this again and again. That's why it's nice to have someone by your side to go through the path. It can get a little scary and heart-breaking. I could've done it alone, brave and strong I make myself to believe. But having your best friend to hold your hand and walk with you definitely helps big time.

Our landlady's eyes keep watering every time we mention anything related to our departure, even as banal as "Thank you for the corns but we already have so much food in the fridge to clear this week." She gave me a tiger eye necklace that I thought I was choosing for her when she asked for my thoughts in the Mons Klint gift store three weeks ago. Why do people always have to make it harder to leave? When Bri left three months ago, I was devastated and thought that it would be a loooong road ahead before my turn. And now here I am, babbling about the sorrow. How long is long enough anyway? 

I hate, hate, hate goodbyes. But like death and tax, it's one of the things you can be certain of in life. I'm just glad at least I have my best friend to share this with.


Alrighty, have to start packing and cleaning the house. I know our landlady is definitely going to cry but no amount of preparation can actually prepare me for that. I just have to keep in mind that I'll be seeing my little sister in no time after two long years. Heh, long...

2 comments:

  1. Every goodbye makes the next hello closer! Once you're back I hope will have the chance to see you again! Hope that your last few weeks in Europe will be the most memorable one! Take care and until i see you again, soon i hope! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's a good way to look at it - closer to another hello. when i do take a trip to borneo, i'll be sure to call my favourite girl there. take me to the best food place! let me know if you're coming to kl as well :)

    ReplyDelete