Friday 28 October 2011

Three Days Away...

...from a new job in a new place with new colleagues! I'm taking up Cantonese to fit in with the rest of my Chinese workmates and I've done enough ironing to last me a week. I'll have to buy some snacks for the office, I eat constantly when I'm working. Otherwise, I'll become one of those gory guys from Walking Dead! That's it, I'm ready to roll.

Last week I made two sets of apple crumble with custard for the first time. Not bad at all if I may say so myself.


Nevertheless, I don't mind having the Granny Smith more sour. I'm thinking of French spinach quiche for the next endeavour, hmm... 

My October book is almost finished, just in time for a new month. I bought three more books that should last until January, two from Better World Books because they're unavailable in our local bookstores and I absolutely love it! Free shipping worldwide and they donate one book for every purchase you make. I haven't received the books yet (it takes 7-21 days) but if all goes well I definitely will get more books from them.

Hubs and I are playing badminton tomorrow morning with the family. I really hope my legs feel better by then. They still haven't recovered from the hiking trip we joined last Wednesday on Diwali. It was a great hike and the company was wonderful. Meetup groups are really fun, if only I had a lot of free time. You can join the food lovers or the French speakers, the possibilities are endless!


But well, life should be balanced. No use of going out every day with strangers and new friends when you don't even know what's going on in your family.

Until next time, have a happy, healthy & productive weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment