Wednesday 19 October 2011

To-Do List II

So every task on my previous to-do list has been checked off.

- Finalise the menu for the Sunday luncheon for 12 people.
- Clean the house before Sunday.
I made mashed potato with fresh chives, traditional sage chicken stuffing and mango sauce for the waffles while hubs took on the pesto appetiser, roast chickens (yes, all two of them!), mushroom gravy to go with my mashed potato, salad & dressing and shiitake fried rice. Together we made a great team and the luncheon went really well! I guess too well that Rafiee fell asleep by 8.30pm and I followed suit half an hour later. Cooking is one thing, cooking for a lot of people is another story. My only regret is that I didn't take a lot of photos. Ah well.



- Get new work shirts, six minimum so I can rotate them without having to wear the same one on the same day every. single. week.
So I bought six new work shirts, this time in vibrant colours and patterns compared to what I used to wear when I first started in the industry. I do feel more colourful and adventurous these days. Pat on the back!

- Study maritime design. No use of colourful professional outfits if I'm in the dark at work. 
I'm doing it! It's an on-going process so little by little I'm getting myself familiarised with the new scene.

- Sew the loose button on my grey pants. Or ask hubs nicely to do it for me.
I may be biased but really, hubs is the best. Enough said.

- Continue working on the freaking book!
I'm doing it! Again, this one is also an on-going process but I have set my target and it should be done by end of the year. I hope to submit my book proposal to potential publishers somewhere in January 2012.

I'm adding four new tasks:
- Start volunteering work again.
- Try to bake / cook a new dish every weekend.
- Read one book a month.
- Plan for future vacations.

It's a great feeling to lead a balanced, healthy and full life. My work is going to take about 40-45 hours weekly and that's only 40% a week, after calculating in my 8-hour of sleep. That leaves plenty more time for myself, family & friends so I want to make full use of it. If I have learned anything from the past is that time flies fast so on my birthday every year I want to look back and be glad that my year has been worthy. That's a gift only I can give to myself, insyaAllah.

No comments:

Post a Comment