Sunday 1 May 2011

Bruised, Scratched and Cold...

...but I'm a happy camper. I haven't had such a productive weekend in ages. Saturday morning started with gardening and polishing my new old bike loaned by my kind landlady. It's a tall bike but I thought I could use it to bike from and to work because I need the exercise. I may weight between 44 kg (in the morning) and 46 kg (after a huge meal) but my flabs can be deceiving. So later in the afternoon, hubs and I biked 12 km to the office for a test-drive. I used my high heels to reach the pedals but my butt still hurts as I write this. On top of that, I fell off my bike on the pavement and bruised and scratched my palms and my right shoulder and leg. Needless to say, I'm sticking to the bus and will only use the bike on weekends.

This morning, still sore but excited to use the free train since it's the first Sunday of the month, hubs and I took the bus to the train station. There was a huge flea market there so we had to stop and look. They were selling so many items that I thought were not meant to be sold at least in the presence of children like creepy preserved squirrels and exotic naked portraits to name a few. We met up with a friend at the art museum of Ny Carlsberg Glyptotek for the free Sunday admission (don't we all love the word free?) and I have to admit it has been some time since I visited a museum that I forgot I actually love being in one. I think I even prefer museums to shopping malls.

Afterwards we met up with another two friends at the central train station and headed to the asian markets to get spices and cooking sauces. Then we went to have our late lunch in a really nice Indian restaurant. In Copenhagen, most buffets seem cheap but you're required to buy a drink which usually costs half of the buffet price. In this Indian restaurant however, everything was included and the food was marvellous. It healed my homesickness.

There was a pilgrim march nearby in conjunction with the labour day but since there were so many drunked crowds, we skipped that and headed home instead in the rain. Oh, I was silly to think that the morning sun would last that I didn't bring any jacket but our friends were so kind that they lent me theirs. I have to hit the sack in an hour and even though my work bag is not yet packed and my attire for tomorrow is not yet sorted, I can start my Monday ravished with delight as my weekend has been abundant. Until next time, have a beautiful and efficient week ahead!






No comments:

Post a Comment