Saturday 4 June 2011

Say Hi to Summer


It's extremely hot right now, as you can imagine from the photo. I'm writing this from the back garden because staying inside the house is suffocating at times like this. 22 degrees may seem a luxury in my home country but here with no air-conditioner or fan in sight, it makes me miss winter. Looks like summer has arrived and she's making it perfectly clear.

Aha, four birds have just landed. They chirp merrily as if they can understand each other and now sharing funny stories about their families. The smaller birds seem like they prefer staying out of the bigger ones' way. And there are various insects flying around too. I can even hear a couple of bees buzzing from the orange flowers. They're probably trying to collect as much honey as they can to impress the queen bee.

I should go for a run this evening. I've been feeling a little sluggish. Maybe Rafiee and I should bike to the sea tomorrow and lay on the beach, probably taking a couple of good books with some snacks with us.

The birds are now flapping their wings rather angrily, fighting for the sunflower seeds the landlady left on the tree. Perhaps whenever I think the neighbourhood is getting too quiet, I should take the time to listen more closely.

No comments:

Post a Comment