Friday 3 June 2011

The Other Malaysian Girl

I am sad. Bri is leaving. She's the Malaysian girl I met three months ago during lunch and we've had the midday meal together every single day since then until last Wednesday. She was on an assignment at the Danish headquarters and now her 90-day is up. She's flying back to Malaysia. I miss home even more now. 

I would like to wish for the time to hurry up and pass so that I don't have to go through farewells and just go home and see my loved ones again, but I wouldn't. It's true that you have to be careful with what you wish for. For all I know, I could wake up one morning in Malaysia with a hole in my heart, trying hard to remember what Europe once felt like and if the friends I made still share the same interests.

You know what Dr. Seuss said - Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened. And this is me smiling as a sensible, matured and strong adult.

Bri, see you next time in Kota Kinabalu!




1 comment:

  1. Thought I have comment this... but didn't saw any comment appear. Anyway, having you, upal and dadi as my asian clan in the office is the best thing happen. You guys make me felt like at home, definitely going to miss the luncheon with u guys...I hope this is just a temporary good bye coz we only part to meet again! Definitely will see you again (finger cross)

    ReplyDelete