Friday 19 February 2010

Parlez-vous Anglais?

Ask a French native that and 90% of the time, the answer would be a simple "Non". Straight to the point. It's a clever way of saying "No, I don't speak English at all and you better go and get some dictionary if your problem is that urgent". Granted, they are particularly proud of their language. Don't get me wrong; it's a beautiful language and I myself have been learning it for a year now but when you thought an English bank ATM got your French bank card and the English bank employee couldn't find it after a triple check, you just wanted to cancel your French bank card as soon as you can touch the dial. It was a scary situation, no one could really help directly right away. If I had all the phone credits in the world, I wouldn't mind spending them to perfect my French over the phone all the way across England to Sarkozy's land. Surely you would've thought a French-based international bank would at least have some English-speaking staff to help a dame in distress like moi. What did I tell you; non. And we also know one of the golden rules is that you don't ever call a French office from 12-2pm. Nothing will stop the French from savouring their gourmet. Cut to the chase, my card got cancelled but I still have to call another officer-in-charge next week to re-issue a new one. She's on leave and don't ask me why but they've only got one person for this. Perhaps people there don't lose their bank cards that often. Another golden rule, if you don't speak native level French, don't argue.

On a completely unrelated matter, just how I was obsessed with the bakery back in France, here I have a thing for Indian candies and Turkish Delight.



Seriously I need to watch my sugar intake but they just taste so bloody good!

1 comment:

  1. hye izni! sweet u ade blog! hehehe..followed ya already! dh malas nk link2.tros follow ja senang.hehe

    ReplyDelete