Friday 14 May 2010

A Hidden Gem

I hate being in an elevator with strangers. I feel like I'm stuck in an awkward moment. I don't know where to look. Should I stare at the dirt on the floor as if I'm a health inspector? Should I smile to the old man or will he think that I'm hitting on him? What if I tease the little girl, will she cry and scream for her mummy? I have this kind of thoughts running through my head just to get from one floor to another. I have to confess, sometimes I just take the stair to spare myself from the intricacy.

So when I was taking the library lift today after my last class, my eyes were fixed on a cover of the four books I got from the ground floor. I guess you know by now that it's typically me to head straight to the library to celebrate the last day of school. It was so intense that I looked like I was trying to absorb the whole content just by analysing the cover. I missed my floor and got to the top floor instead. I figured the trauma was too much for one day so I decided to take the stair down when lo and behold, I got to a lovely small corner of period writings! There were only a few people there who were all, well, equally aged. I spent one hour going through the books since you can't take them out. That made it sound even more enticing. What do you know, being claustrophobic sometimes pays.

6 comments:

  1. i did leave a comment, didnt i?

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooo. this phone makes me scream in agony! i said, we should go for book shopping together sometimes. the last time i did book shopping (i mean the real book shopping), was spending a frickin 600 ringgit. but it was worth two trolleys full of books. love it love it love it

    ReplyDelete
  3. 600 ringit?!?!?! what did you buy? two shelves of books?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i got more than 60 books. so i guess i am ok with that. few of them are hard covers. *drooolll*

    ReplyDelete