Friday 7 May 2010

Life's a B***h

Probably not the kindest thing to say and I’m not going to pretend that I’m a know-it-all at this point of my life but I am learning A LOT….in European style. In a risk of being politically incorrect, I shouldn’t say more. We all know what kind of trouble one could get from writing a little piece of mind that’s available for the world to see.

Some people may have realised that life can throw you some really nasty, acerbic lemons for those who are unconventional. People always tell you what to do and what not to do based on their own experiences, fears, crushed dreams and triumphs. You need to have a strong sense of who you are, what you believe in and your aspiration. By all means, listen to other people and learn from them because you won’t get much from hearing yourself but don’t let them define you.

So the board meeting was over after two long, mentally draining days. It was an eye-opener at the same time. The result will be out in two weeks’ time. I have a hunch that I’ll be getting my first choice so I’ll just spill the beans. I chose Hungary! After the much developed France and UK, staying in the New Europe will be a change of atmosphere with a different set of fresh challenges. The major key is of course, I think they have the potential in the domain that I’m really interested in – Inland Water Management – cultivating the untapped nature of water resources of lakes, rivers, as well as forested floodplains to name a few. It’s like tackling the problem at its core. One significant detail that I’m personally fond of is the fact that the university is one of the world’s oldest technological institutions, founded in 1782; 228 years ago if my Math doesn’t fail me. It seems ancient and full of stories. Imagine what their library looks like….


To wrap up the day, we went to a really nice pub with the board panel. They ran out of fruit juice and the only non-alcoholic drinks left were Red Bull. My first Red Bull and hours later I’m still wide awake. Life...sometimes it's bitter or sour and sometimes you get excessive sugar and caffeine.

Either one, it's good to detox once in a while.

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh.. hope we are together in Budapest exploring that ancient library.. wonder if we would chance upon an elf hiding underneath a book shelf ..ooooh ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Vidya, you found me! Hahah, well first hopefully the boss approves our first choice. Then sure, we'll go and look for the elf this September ;)

    ReplyDelete