Thursday 27 May 2010

Just like First Love...


…you will never forget your first consultancy deal.

I’ve been writing a lot and keeping those chunks as drafts. I talked about how I loved the carefree lifestyle of a student. I can fall asleep at 3pm and wake up four hours later to continue studying or just go on until the next morning, I can decide to skip some classes I feel I can do without (so modest I am, I don’t do that often...ahem!) and I can watch CSI and cooking shows during the week. One day I also wrote about my obsession with Susan Boyle and Diversity - the champ of Britain’s Got Talent last year – how inspiring they were. At one time, I even jotted down my itinerary and plans for the summer including a workout schedule (I’ve been letting myself go for the past few months and I’m starting to see some ugly flabs as the aftermath, ARGH!). I never completed any of the drafts, mainly because apart from my revision (between the CSI and cooking shows…well, Glee and rerun of Friends for the umpteenth time on weekends), I was diligently working on my first own consultancy job! It was to me an enormous responsibility because I was representing myself so I wanted to make it really, really good. I think I did my analysis exactly that so I’m quite proud of my work. I’ve always imagined being requested to collaborate professionally like my old man with his consultancy company or Prof. Langdon (alright, so I’m just a little too inspired by Dan Brown’s creation) and to have the opportunity at the juvenile age of 24, it felt surreal when I got the call a few months back. I probably sounded like a hyper little girl who finally got to adorn high heels (and suddenly there's Suri Cruise). What I lack in experience, I try to make up for in enthusiasm, a whole heap of research and a refreshing outlook (you never know, potential employers might be reading this!). I’m just glad to be given the chance to prove myself. Let’s hope they’re glad to have me too.

No comments:

Post a Comment